You know and use the Stone Edition, which has become the standard English-language Chumash. But what about the rest of the Written Torah, the Prophets and the Writings? Where can we go for a sweeping understanding of the text, as understood by the Sages and the classic commentators — presented in a way that makes it both accessible and enjoyable to scholar and layman alike?
The first two volumes of the Rubin Edition of the Prophets — Joshua/Judges and Samuel I and II —provided the answer.
Thanks to the brilliance of the ArtScroll/Mesorah team of scholars and writers — led by Rabbi Nosson Scherman — the tradition continues, with The Rubin Edition of I Kings and II Kings in one volume. This translation and commentary on the Prophets is sweeping the English-speaking world, providing new dimensions of understanding and beauty. It not only brings the verses alive, it makes them speak to us — in language, in outlook, in aspiration for spiritual growth.
This outstanding new work has an unprecedented array of features:
- A highly regarded new English translation, firmly grounded in traditional sources
- A commentary culled from classic sources and presented gracefully and literately
- Newly set Hebrew commentaries of Rashi, Radak, and Metzudos Tzion and Dovid, so you can study on many levels
- Newly set, accurate Hebrew text of the Tanach
- Introductions and explanations of difficult concepts
- Lightweight, opaque, acid-free paper, for decades of use
- Gilded page heads
- Ribbon place-marker